Thursday, October 13, 2011

An interesting question...


How does the media influence adolescents and teenagers in America?

The Media is a huge part of society so there has to be positive and negative effects on adolescents and teenagers.  I know that I like to look at magazines and look at runway shows to see what kind of outfits the models are wearing and get ideas from them for how I should dress for that season.  Not only does it help me choose which clothes I should buy, but it shows me how I should look, body image wise.  I’m sure this could be a cause for some adolescents to start eating disorders in order to look like the models in the media.  The media shows so many different ways to live life, for example it shows off the rich and famous, the poor people with disorders, criminals minds, teen drama series, and so many more different television shows that adolescents tune into.  Does the type o show teenagers watch have an effect on their social agenda as well?  The media has so much control over the public.  It would be interesting to find out what other holds it has on adolescents and how it affects their lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment